Submit a Speaker Proposal
Are you an expert in your field? Do you lead a session that incorporates current HR knowledge, case studies, examples and best practices? Do you apply adult learning principles to encourage active conversations within your presentation? If you answered yes to these questions we encourage you to submit a Speaker Proposal today!
CPHR PEI accepts proposals on an ongoing basis from qualified speakers interested in presenting at a development event during the regular membership year. We invite HR professionals, industry experts, authors, researchers, and learning and development practitioners to share innovative, relevant and practical knowledge with the HR community in PEI.
• Engage in a collaborative learning experience in which both speakers and participants benefit.
• Network with others in the PEI HR Community and develop new contacts and business relationships.
• Access a platform for exposure to a wide group of HR practitioners.
• Receive CPHR Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours.
• Submit articles for consideration to CPHR PEI for HR publications
*CPHR PEI requests that speakers donate their time and expertise. While CPHR PEI does not pay honoraria, the association does pay eligible speaker expenses for confirmed speaking engagements.
*CPHR PEI has a strict policy that speakers not actively sell their products or services during learning events. Knowledgeable speakers who provide the audience with useable and relevant information will easily pique interest and be asked for further resources.
CONTENT THAT WORKS
Professional development focuses on skill and knowledge building that helps grow the capabilities and impact of HR practitioners in PEI. Content must be related to the nine functional areas of human resources as outlined in the CPHR Competency Framework.
2. Professional Practice
4. Workforce Planning & Talent Management
5. Labor & Employment Relations
6. Total Rewards
7. Learning & Development
8. Health, Wellness & Safe Workplace
9. HR Metrics, Reporting & Financial Management
Proposed content also:
• Addresses a hot topic, current challenge or trend in human resources
• Emphasizes the application of strategies and use of tools (i.e. more tips and practical applications than theory)
• Uses case studies and real-world examples to illustrate how theory is applied
• Includes adult learning principles to engage the audience in discussion in addition and Q&A’s
• Considers the current state of the economy and of the labor market in Canada
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT EVENTS
CPHR PEI facilitates professional development sessions for PEI’s HR Community by hosting quality professional development events. These learning opportunities are available province wide to members of CPHR PEI.
The types of delivery methods for professional development events include, but are not limited to, the following:
• One hour lunch and learns
• 1-3 hour sessions
• Half-day workshop
• To recognize that a professional development presentation is an opportunity to share information and is not a showcase for promotion of business, practice, service or product;
• To acknowledge that your submission will remain “active” for a two-year period as of the speaker proposal submission date.
• To provide references with whom CPHR PEI can speak to during the evaluation of the proposal;
• To work closely with CPHR PEI before the professional development date and meet all established deadlines;
• To make no substantial changes in content, format, audio/visual needs, room set-up, identity or number of presenters without prior approval by CPHR PEI;
• To agree to a pre-event call with a representative of the Professional Development Committee to ensure the final presentation directly aligns to the original proposal submitted;
• To design and provide high quality presentations, in electronic format, by the deadline provided upon confirmation of a speaking engagement;
• To give CPHR PEI permission to post the presentation and speaker contact information on the website.
Important: CPHR PEI reserves the right to contact you to ensure the materials you provide align and support your proposed presentation, including description of learning activities and learning objectives. CPHR PEI reserves the right to review all presentation materials, including session handouts, prior to the presentation date.
SUBMITTING A PROPOSAL
A proposal must be submitted via email
Speaker Proposals are reviewed by the Professional Development Committee. Speaker Proposals are considered active for two years from the date of submission.
Only selected Speaker Proposals will be contacted for scheduling.
Please submit your proposal via email to firstname.lastname@example.org including all of the information below:
• The title of your session and session description
• Describe the learning objectives for your session. Example: At the end of this session, participants will be able to analyze current organizational trends.
• Describe the learning activities or tools participants will practice or takeaway
• Indicate which of the 9 Human Resources Knowledge Areas the session will cover
• Describe why and how your session aligns with one or more of the 9 HR Knowledge Areas
• Indicate the preferred length of your session
• Describe the learning format of your session (i.e lecture-style, interactive)
• Indicate the target audience of your session and why (new/senior HR professionals, students, etc.)
• Describe how your session incorporates adult learning principles
• Are you capable to provide customization if requested by CPHR PEI?
• What is the ideal size for maximum learning experience?
• Where would you prefer to deliver your session (i.e. Charlottetown, Summerside)
• Please provide a detailed list of expenses to be covered by CPHR PEI
• Pease provide your biography and your complete contact information
• Describe you experience in leading, training and/or facilitating learning events in an academic, corporate, not-for-profit sector.
• Should you have a co-presenter, please provide their contact information
Please submit your proposal including all the information above via email to email@example.com. Thank you!