Director, Human Resources- City of Moncton
Director, Human Resources
Corporate Services (Job #P798)
“Moncton is a vibrant and culturally rich community. It is the only officially bilingual city in Canada, as well as one of the best places in Canada to do business. Moncton is also known as the economic, sports, tourism and entertainment hub of Atlantic Canada. City of Moncton employees strive to maintain its reputation as one of the best places in Canada to live, study, work and play.”
The City of Moncton is currently accepting applications for Director of Human Resources.
This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned HR professional who enjoys working in a team-oriented environment focused on enhancing services to our vibrant community and contributing to a forward thinking and positive workplace culture.
You will be accountable for the leadership, administration, and strategic direction of human resources services, policies and programs for the City of Moncton. Building a positive working environment, the Director provides assistance and advice to senior managers of the City on matters relating to their employees consistent with the organization’s strategic direction and business needs. The major areas directed include, employee and labour relations, recruitment, payroll, health and safety, performance management, succession planning, compensation and benefits administration, learning and development. This position reports to the General Manager, Corporate Services.
The successful candidate must have the following minimum qualifications:
- 7+ years progressive Human Resources experience in a unionized environment with proven capabilities as a senior manager and leader of human resource professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or business/public administration, industrial or labour relations, or related field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, presentation skills, and negotiations skills
- Ability to develop solutions to complex problems.
- Experience with grievance/dispute resolution, interpretation and bargaining of collective agreements.
- Strong analytical skills with a results-oriented style.
- Experience leading change to improve the effectiveness of the organization and make recommendations on areas to improve. Knowledge of continuous improvement strategies, such as Lean Six Sigma, is an asset.
- Broad knowledge of employment and labour law, compensation, organizational development, employee development, employee health and safety in a public sector environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both languages (oral; English and French) is a definite asset.
- CPHR designation is an asset.
MISSION: Working together to grow our economy and enhance the quality of life for all citizens.
VISION: A city that inspires.
CORE ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIORS: Sustainability, diversity, creativity, engagement and leadership.
The City of Moncton is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants must submit their application through the online system that can be found at: www.moncton.ca/employment. To obtain more information, please contact Laurann Hanson, General Manager, Corporate Services at (506) 853-3523 or email@example.com.
CLOSING DATE: NOON – NOVEMBER 26, 2018
(The City of Moncton thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those scheduled for interviews will be contacted)