MANAGER – HUMAN RESOURCES
Maritime Electric is seeking an experienced and energetic professional to join the senior management team and lead the Company’s people management and development strategies.
The Manager Human Resources, with accountability to the Vice-President, Finance & CFO, has primary responsibility for providing strategic leadership in all aspects of operational HR and labour relations for the Company. The scope of functions for this position range from: strategic human resource planning, labour relations, and compensation to people development and engagement initiatives.
This is an excellent opportunity for a seasoned professional with at least eight years in an HR management position who can demonstrate significant experience and responsibility for progressive HR practices and excellence in leadership. A successful candidate will have a well-established career based on an undergraduate degree in business or a related field, preferably at the Masters level and be eligible for CPHR designation. Further study with a specialization in HR is an asset. Exceptional communication skills and strong values around workplace relationships will ensure a good fit with the work and the organizational culture.
This position is based in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, and offers a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Interested and qualified individuals are invited to visit Maritime Electric’s website for further information on how to confidentially express interest in this position before December 6, 2019. For more information: www.maritimeelectric.com/about-us/ conduct-and-careers/careers
Since 1918, Maritime Electric has delivered safe, reliable electricity to customers throughout Prince Edward Island. Maritime Electric is an equal opportunity employer.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES, CORPORATE PLANNING AND PRINCIPAL SUPPORT
PUBLIC SCHOOLS BRANCH
Location – Stratford
Full-Time Excluded Position
The Director of Human Resources, Corporate Planning and Principal Support manages a team of professionals who provide leadership to Directors, Managers, Principals, Vice Principals and staff in all aspects of HR/labour relations, Corporate Planning and Policy within the Public School Branch. This position will provide leadership, direction, counsel and support in a broad range of labour relations, policy, planning, strategic, managerial, and administrative areas for senior leadership, managers/supervisors and school administrators. The Director of Human Resources, Corporate Planning and Principal Support provides leadership, oversight, and direction in HR matters for over 3500 employees in over 70 worksites, including 56 schools, 2 Branch offices, other satellite offices and worksites. These employees are represented by 7 different Union groups/locals. (PEITF, CUPE 3260, CUPE 1145, CUPE 1770, CUPE 1775, UPSE, and Excluded).
Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Provide direction, advice, training and support to senior leadership, principals, vice-principals, and managers/supervisors in the fulfillment of their roles in all HR and Labour Relations matters, corporate planning initiatives, and policy;
• Provide strategic labour relations advice and support in accordance with the applicable legislation/acts and collective agreements and is the main conduit for decision making with external legal counsel as well as union representatives;
• Ensure continued effective communications and productive labour relations with the unions;
• Ensure effective and consistent administration of Collective Agreements, applicable Branch policies, and acts, regulations and Ministers’ Directives governing the terms and conditions of employment;
• Represent the PSB on the Educational Negotiating Agency (ENA) for collective bargaining and consultations;
• Lead all harassment complaint investigations and interventions as well as workplace investigations and workplace assessments;
• Coordinate mediation of workplace allegations and/or conflicts involving employees, including conflicts between employees and management;
• Develop, measure, and monitor key performance indicators for human resource activities in labour relations and ensure mechanisms are in place to achieve identified targets;
• Lead the continued implementation of the PSB Strategic Plan;
• Lead the development and implementation of policy and planning for the PSB, ensuring that policies and programs are keeping with the Department of Education and Life Long Learning strategic direction;
• As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, collaborate in the development and fostering of the vision and mission of the Branch, and an organizational culture that reflects the philosophy, values, and principles of the organization;
• Lead the implementation of a system to gather data to support evidence based decision making, and ensure accountability;
• Responsible for facilitating the supervision, evaluation, and growth of school principals.
• Develop and provide training and continuing education for school administrators; to review or introduce administrative pieces with an HR focus;
• Lead and support staff in implementing the PSB’s HR plan by acting as educator, facilitator, coach and mentor;
• Develop and implement sound HR organizational policies and procedures that are consistent with the vision of the strategic plan and values of the PSB;
• Serve as a PSB representative on the Joint Committee on Teaching and Learning Conditions (JCTLC) as per the provisions of the Memorandum as well as the Teacher Certification and Standards Board;
• Lead responsibility for the hiring of School Administrators for the PSB’s 56 schools;
• Lead responsibility for the annual exercise on instructional staff allocation for the 56 schools of the PSB, and managing, with the HR manager, the annual teacher staffing process;
• Lead the development and implementation of performance development practices which support the values of PSB (i.e., workload measurement systems, performance appraisals, outcomes, and productivity measures);
• Support workplace wellness initiatives, and support positive and healthy working conditions;
• Further the goals of the provincial education system by working collaboratively with the Department of Education and Lifelong Learning and other educational partners to ensure a high quality education system and efficient support services;
• Perform other duties as required.
• A university degree, preferably at the Master’s level in a relevant field;
• Extensive and successful experience in a senior human resource management role in a complex, unionized environment;
• Extensive leadership and managerial experience in a supervisory capacity in public education preferable in school administration;
• Proven conflict management and mediation skills;
• Demonstrated superior interpersonal, collaborative and team building skills;
• Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills;
• Demonstrated ability to use word processing, spreadsheets, HR information systems, Google Suite, presentation software, email and other related platforms;
• Collaborative and proactive leader who inspires a shared vision, builds high performing teams, drives for action and results and looks beyond traditional solutions;
• Demonstrated equivalencies may be considered;
• CPHR designation;
• Successful track record as a strategic communicator and a concerted relationship builder and advisor in a multi-stakeholder environment.
Note: Please ensure the application clearly demonstrates how you meet the noted qualifications as applicants will be screened based on the information provided. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range: $46.05 – $57.56 per hour (Level 25 Excluded)
Bi-Weekly Hours: 75 hours bi-weekly
Posting Id: 139466
Closing Date: November 21, 2019 at 12:00 pm, noon
To apply on on-line or to obtain an application form please visit www.gov.pe.ca/jobs. Application forms can also be mailed to the Public Schools Branch at: P.O. Box 8600, Charlottetown, PE C1A 8V7 or e-mailed to HR-PSB-Applications. Please ensure the appropriate Posing I.D. number is stated on the application form.