Re-Post – Open to the Public
Human Resources Manager
Location – Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Charlottetown
Full-Time Permanent (Excluded) Position
This position reports to the Director of Human Resources (HR) for Health PEI and provides leadership to managers and staffing all aspects of HR services. The HR Manager is a member of the Management Team of Health PEI and provides direction, leadership, advice, coaching, and support to Health PEI with regard to all aspects of HR and labour relations management. As a member of the Health PEI HR team, the HR Manager will ensure policies and programs are in keeping with the strategic direction, while also supporting Health PEI in advancing its mandate. The HR manager must address the wide range of HR issues arising from a multi-site, multi-union environment with client services provided 24 hours per day and seven days per week.
LEADS, a national leadership framework adopted by Health PEI.
The successful applicant will demonstrate leadership in the following areas:
Leads Self – is self aware, is committed to self development, and demonstrates character;
Engages Others – fosters the development of others, contributes to the creation of a health organization, communicates effectively, and builds effective teams;
Achieves Results – sets direction, strategically aligns decisions with the vision, values, and evidence, takes action to implement decisions, and assesses/evaluates results;
Develops Coalitions – builds partnerships and networks to create results, demonstrates a commitment to clients and services;
Systems Transformation – demonstrates system/critical thinking, encourages and supports innovation, is strategically oriented to the future, champions, and orchestrates effective language.
Duties will include:
– responsible for leadership in HR, labour relations, grievance management, conflict resolution, HR policy and practices, and contract negotiations;
– provides direction and guidance with recruitment and selection, performance management, training and development, classification; disability management (accommodations, Return to Work plans),management of workplace harassment complaints, workplace investigations/assessments, conflict of interest and Human Rights complaints;
– provides support and advice with regard to benefits administration, occupational health and safety, and work place accommodations;
– provides management (directors, managers, supervisors) with direction, advice and consultation on labour relation matters and liaise appropriate concerns through the provincial negotiation, arbitration, mediation and/or conciliation processes with stakeholders as required;
– ensures effective, consistent interpretation, administration and training on collective agreements, excluded terms and conditions of employment policy, Physician Master Agreement, acts and regulations, and other policies governing the terms and conditions of employment;
– provides coaching, consultation and direction to leaders, department managers, and staff on HR management issues;
– provides effective mediation services to resolve conflicts, including conflicts between employees, physicians, and/or management;
– provides leadership, direction, support, advice, and acts as a resource on organizational implications of organizational change;
– provides expert advice, support and direction to the HR Team on day-to-day and complex HR and labour relations issues;
– other duties as required.
– applicants must have a university degree in a related area with considerable training in human resources & labour relations;
– extensive and progressive experience in a senior human resource management that includes employee/labour relations, workplace investigations, workplace complaints, duty to accommodate, recruitment and retention, policy development, HR planning, talent acquisition, job classification and Occupational Health & Safety;
– considerable management level experience is required;
– demonstrated equivalencies will be considered;
– change management knowledge and skills is required;
– proven conflict management and mediation skills are required;
– demonstrated strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, collaboration, and team building skills are essential;
– proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, presentations;
– must be able to work independently and as part of a team;
– ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with leaders, senior managers, employees, and union representatives;
– must have reliable transportation;
– must have a good previous attendance and work record;
– the successful applicant must provide a satisfactory criminal record check and vulnerable sector check prior to beginning employment.
– Chartered Professionals in Human Resources (CPHR) would be considered an asset;
– experience in human resource, organizational, business and strategic planning is preferred;
– strong knowledge of Health Collective Agreements is preferred;
– additional relevant education and experience will be considered an asset.
Please Note: Previous applicants will be considered and do not need to reapply. This competition may be used to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
Please ensure the application clearly demonstrates how you meet the noted qualifications as applicants will be
Screened based on the information provided. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only
those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range: $35.76 – $44.70 per hour (Level 20 – Excluded)
Bi-Weekly Hours: 75.0 hours bi-weekly / Days / Monday – Friday
Posting ID: 140725-0320QEPO
Closing Date: Monday, June 8th, 2020 4:00 p.m.
Please return forms to PEI Public Service Commission, P.O. Box 2000, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, C1A 7N8. Applications may be sent by fax to (902) 368-4383. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE APPLICANT TO CONFIRM RECEIPT OF THE APPLICATION, BY TELEPHONE OR IN PERSON PRIOR TO THE CLOSING DATE. Please ensure that the appropriate Posting ID number is stated on all application forms. You can apply online or obtain an application form by visiting our web site at www.gov.pe.ca/jobs. Forms may also be obtained by contacting any PEI Government office, ACCESS PEI Centre, Regional Services Centre, or by telephone (902) 368-4080.